Friday, January 28, 2005

Gifts

Let me start with a shout-out to my friend and former Oxfam colleague, Liam Brody. Liam noticed my blog link to my Amazon wishlist. So he sent me a copy of "To The 5 Boroughs" by the Beastie Boys. "I figure everyone deserves a nice random surprise...," he wrote. Liam now works for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters so go and buy some of their excellent Fair Trade Certified coffee.

Liam deserves a mention because he is the first non-family member to use my Amazon wishlist. It's quite short now because Ann bought me four seasons of Angel and the entire works of Buffy on DVD. However I'd welcome anyone's help in completing my collection of Death Cab For Cutie albums.

I bought Ann an Ipod for her birthday and a Palm Zire for Christmas two days later. We geeked out later when I beamed her my entire 3000-entry address book. I'm sure it's probably OK that she now has contact information for all my ex-girlfriends.

As we plan our May 8th wedding, we've opened up gift lists with Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma and Target. However, we will also tell our friends that they can simply donate to the US Campaign for Burma or Amnesty Group 133.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home