Thursday, September 23, 2004

Everyone's Blogging It

Two of my Oxfam America colleagues, Kenny Rae and Nathaniel Raymond, are in Afghanistan right now. They will be in the country from September 15th through the 25th. Afghanistan's first general election is on October 9th.

They are part of Oxfam Dispatches, a new feature on the recently relaunched Oxfam America Web site. This is a blog that allows you to travel along with Oxfam staff working on humanitarian and development projects on the ground in some of the poorest countries in the world.

Nathaniel, our Oxfam Communications Adviser for Humanitarian Response, is an excellent raconteur. He entertained my friends with his stories when he acted as MC for my "light roast" at my 40th birthday party. His writing on Afghanistan is evocative and amusing, particularly when he recounts leaving his toothbrush at home.

Kenny Rae, our Oxfam America Program Officer for Afghanistan, appears to be actually doing the work that Nathaniel chronicles. His desk is just outside my office at Oxfam. At work, I'm often fielding questions that he shouts over to me in his unmistakable Scottish dialect.

Read about Nate and Kenny's adventures here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home