Sunday, July 18, 2004

Time to Buy Some New Music
 
I just ordered several CDs from Amazon.  Eight of the nine CDs, with the exception of the Wilco album, were cited in the July 9 Entertainment Weekly as "new-alternative albums you need to own."  I suspect that taking recommendations from EW destroys any residual street cred that I used to possess.

It was interesting how well Amazon's database profile of me predicted these purchases. I started by choosing the new Wilco album. Then Amazon recommended I also buy The Shins' CD. Soon I had chosen all the other albums, with the exception of the Killers' CD,  just by picking Amazon's subsequent recommendations. Amazon's software works all too well.
 
Here's my haul. Use the comments feature to tell me what you think.

Hot Fuss [Audio CD] By: Killers  

Fever To Tell [EXPLICIT LYRICS] [Audio CD] By: Yeah Yeah Yeahs 

Give Up [Audio CD] By: Postal Service 

A Ghost Is Born [ENHANCED] [Audio CD] By: Wilco  

Transatlanticism [Audio CD] By: Death Cab for Cutie   

Chutes Too Narrow [Audio CD] By: The Shins 

Turn On the Bright Lights [Audio CD] By: Interpol 

Good News For People Who Love Bad News [Audio CD] By: Modest Mouse

Franz Ferdinand [Audio CD] By: Franz Ferdinand


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home