Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Cape Town

I'm safe and sound at my hotel after a hugely uneventful flight to Cape Town. My ride was waiting for me as I exited customs. I've just enjoyed a free breakfast and Cape Times. Trans-continental travel should always be this easy.

Cape Town reminds me of San Francisco with its bustling port and cloud-topped hills. However the shanty towns aren't quite Bay Area.

Work is out right now. It's only 10.30am and my meeting doesn't start until tomorrow. Plus I can't properly access my work email account from this hotel computer. So I'm going to visit Robben Island. It's a bit too cloudy today for a decent view of the city from Table Mountain so I'll save that climb for Sunday morning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home