Thursday, October 23, 2003

I'm Freezing

When I woke up this morning, it was snowing.

Fall and winter cheer me up. I prefer the cold to the heat. Cold makes me feel alive and awake. Heat and humidity just depress me.

The only drawback is that it's freezing in my apartment. Last night, when I returned from California, it was frigid. I closed the remaining open window. I tried to turn on the radiators but nothing seemed to work. So I just hunkered down under the bedspread. This morning I lingered in bed and was late for work.

Just a few minutes ago, the radiators started, albeit intermittently, to hiss. A couple of them are now lukewarm. But I can't figure out what I need to twist or turn to make the cold ones kick in too.

This is the drawback of moving into Ann's apartment. I don't know yet how everything works and she's out of town. She did warn me that the place was cold in the winter. I just hope it's not going to stay this cold.

I may have to cook tomorrow just to warm the place up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home