Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Why I Like My Dentist

I reached my dentist's at 7.30am this morning in a haze of urgency. As I settled down in the chair it struck me. I was there for my first ever filling.

When I first went to Dr. Maryniuk, his office was just a block away from my condo. I've kept going to him as we've both moved around the Boston area. I now travel one hour from Davis Square, Somerville, to Coolidge Corner, Brookline, for a cleaning. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Dr. Maryniuk is a gentle dentist. First, he numbed my gum with a little topical anaesthetic. That meant I didn't even feel the further injection.

He also radiates humor and warmth.

"How much do you want to know about what's happening?" he asked.

"Tell me everything," I said out of curiosity.

For the curious, Dr. Maryniuk will use x-rays and cameras to show you exactly what he's up to in your mouth. He clearly loves new technology. However he uses it to make his procedures easier, better and more transparent for patients.

After the procedure, he showed me pictures of my tooth before and after my filling. That was when I had an idea.

"Would you email me the photographs?" I inquired. A new blog entry was born.

BEFORE: Note the spot of decay in the center of the tooth



AFTER: All filled and clean!


(And if you find these pictures gross, you should be glad I started my blog one month after my appendectomy.)

If you live in the Boston area, I highly recommend Dr. Maryniuk for all your dental needs. You will find him on Harvard Street in Brookline, close to Coolidge Corner.

Email me if you can't find his phone number.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home