Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Last Night at Foley's

I drank a cider drink.
I drank a whiskey drink.
I drank a red wine drink. (I'm still French, you know)
I drank another whiskey drink even after I specifically asked the barman from Warrington, England, for an orange juice.
I drank two free orange juice drinks kindly provided by said barman.
I heard the songs - on the jukebox - that reminded me of the good times. (In this case, REM's "Radio Free Europe" and Joy Division's "Novelty," amongst others.)
Those hours in Foley's were the better times.

I get knocked down.
But I get up again.
You're never going to keep me down.

At Downtown Crossing, I get the last Orange Line train to Forest Hills at around 12.45am.

I'm in work at 8.30am the next day.

(With deep apologies to Chumbawamba...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home